Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Lower Depths

Looking down the cobweb lined steps into the cellar reminded me of every horror movie I can think of. I certainly did not want to go down to the lower depths of our house. I was plenty happy staying out, but we were having heating oil delivered, so I figured I should take a look to see what the oil tank looked like before they arrived.

What a pleasant surprise. Once you make it down the four cobblestone steps that have just enough shape to be considered stairs, with cobwebs in every corner of every step, then duck down under the cobweb lined wooden support, unlock and throw all your weight into the door to push it open... it's like entering another world. Everything is so nice and clean, ground is swept up, wooden table with brand new looking wood, (mind you the table legs are brand new fresh wood, but the actual table part is one of the old doors from the house lol.) New looking water heater, new furnace, sure the oil tank looks a bit old, but everything was amazingly clean looking.

I was quite pleasantly surprised. The bill to fill the oil tank was quite another matter, but at least I got past that step. We were all a bit worried about venturing down into the cellar. It wasn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment