Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Finding Jobs

So the search is still on, I still haven't managed to get much of anywhere with the job search which is frustrating. Dustin encouraged me to sign up for oDesk, which is what he has, and where he got his work. Its geared a bit more towards programming and web design, but they do have sections for office management, and support and stuff like that. Its all online, but if I can get at least a few hours, that will help. So I've been taking a few tests here and there since I don't have any work history on oDesk, and have proven to be very efficient in several different areas that I had no idea I was that good at. Makes me feel better, and hopefully I will be able to get something soon. And if I do that, it gives me more time to go out and find clients who want horse help, and go looking around at the barns in the area, and keep working at finding something horse related.

We went and got our licenses yesterday, so we are official Maryland residents now. I found a what looks like cute eclectic coffee shop in Brunswick, and at some point soon I would like to do with Dustin, see if we can meet a few people our age, and start getting out more. I love Dustin, but it does get a little lonely sometimes when its always just the two of us, so you guys all need to plan trips out here to come visit us lol. The coffee shop is in an old reformed church with lots of stained glass windows, very pretty looking on the outside. Its got several stories, lots of space, an area set aside just for internet, and they do offer for a price their own computers if you don't have one. They are kind of like a Panera and Starbucks, and Primo Cafe all rolled into one. And they have live bands come play several days a week, as well as a book shelf full of books, and lots of couches so you can just curl up and read if you want to. So we are going to have to check it out.

On a different note, I ended up having to go back into the dentist the other day, because my tooth was starting to hurt again after starting to feel better. He reopened it, and put more medicine in, and after about 10 minutes of really painful pressure building up, it just literally popped and disappeared. And so far has been doing great. So we all are thinking that we'll just be getting it filled today, and that will be the end of it. I am just glad to not be having any pain at all, and he didn't charge us for the appointment the other day, so hopefully we won't be spending any more money. Now if my other couple of teeth that are still sensitive would stop being sensitive I'd be happy, but we'll just have to see if the continued use of my sensodyne will help, as it has with some of the teeth already. So here's to hoping that its a quick fill today, and nothing else goes wrong.

I've been thinking about newspapers, and I think it would be a great way to get to know the area, and see whats going on, in addition to the classifieds which it seems like they definitely use here. I know that the house is one house, so I can't order a newspaper to be delivered to us, because the grandma already gets a newspaper, and they don't sent two to the same house, unless there's something I missed. So I'm thinking of going out on Sunday and getting the local paper somewhere, and seeing just how useful it is. The library has a lot of resources, but it would be nice to know even more about the area, and whats happening around town. Hopefully soon we can get out there and meet some people and start to have a social life. Everything else here is good, still love the area, I have several plants that are growing like weeds, and am slowly adding to my collection, and after the winter am hoping to be able to set up a raised garden bed outside so I can grow some fruits and vegetables, and start having some good home grown food.

1 comment: