Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lovely East Coast Weather

So, since we've been in Maryland, we've survived several severe thunderstorms with power outages, (Mom, I can I borrow the bear light lol), an earthquake from a obscure not well known fault line, and now we've got hurricane Irene scheduled to hit Maryland Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. The general consensus is that by the time it hits us further inland, its more of a tropical storm, but still 60 mile and hour winds, lots of rain, probable power outages, and earlier they said that the storm had shifted more towards the left, so its going to be even closer. They predict that its going to be hitting east of Washington DC, so we're definitely going to be getting something here. When you look at wunderground.com for Knoxville MD, for Saturday and Sunday there's bold red print saying Hurricane Irene. So we'll see how we survive our first hurricane.

On a different note, I found someone to lease Saphira two days a week, which is awesome. She came out and rode this morning, and is coming back out on Saturday as long as the weather holds in the morning. A lot of stress is now relieved having someone to work Saphira, and I get a little extra cash as well.

Still don't have a job, but still looking. Lori asked us if we wanted another table and 4 chairs to which I said yes, and when I went to look at them the other day, she also gave us a nice couch as well. Its very nice to have something with lots of space to sit on to watch tv, and hang out. It also smells nice too. No musty weird smells to try and get out of the fabric. The table is going to be my puzzle table for the moment, and the chairs will be probably be put in my office for now, though I will probably use one for my computer chair until we have money to get a better one for me. Excited that we were able to get all this free furniture though. We now just need a bed and dresser for the guest bedroom. We will keep you updated on the latest weather information as we hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment