Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Been A While, New News

It's been a while since I've updated the blog. I have found a home for Saphira, and she is getting picked up on the 30th of this month. It will be nice to not have the stress of trying to take care of her. Its sad, but at least I know that she's going to a good place, and will have someone working with her at least 5 days a week. Someday Dustin and I will get another horse, preferably one he can ride as well, which will be more enjoyable.

Once Saphira is gone, we are going to look at getting two kittens, as I do want to have some sort of animal around, and a dog is still just a bit too much work at this point, so we will see what the local shelters have, and what the requirements are for adopting cats. It will be nice to have animals I can actually spend some time with, and get more enjoyment out of being around.

It is definitely starting to cool off here. At night the temperature has ranged from low 40's, to upper 50's. So far I don't think we've had any nights in the 30's yet, but its coming. We have salt in the trunk, and we've gotten the necessary anti freeze and stuff to put in the car before the first freeze. We are also going to get a new battery for the car, just to be on the safe side. But it did pass the Maryland Inspection so we could register it. The only thing wrong was one of the back license plate lights was out, so they replaced it, and said we were good to go. So the car is now registered and we have Maryland plates. We are official Marylanders now.

I am very excited about having my parents come visit at the end of November. Dustin and I really enjoyed having his parents out here for a week, and now its my parents' turn. We can go out and explore together, and see some of the interesting historical things that are located around Knoxville. It will be so nice to have them here for my birthday and Thanksgiving. Hopefully it won't be freezing while they are here. In a few days I'll post some pictures of the hill in front of us, its starting to turn orange and yellow, so hopefully in a few more days it will be even more so, so you can see the amazing color changes we are seeing with fall.

Halloween is coming soon, we don't have any plans, but I am curious to see how the whole trick or treating thing works out here. There are no sidewalks, and the houses are so far apart, most with fairly long driveways. I wonder if families go to friend's houses that maybe live closer to towns, or in tract houses, or if they drive their kids from door to door, or if they just let them walk around the neighborhood. It will be interesting especially it being a Monday night.

It is truly beautiful here watching the season's change, and smelling the crisp morning air every day. I am very glad that we came out here, I am really loving this part of the country, though who knows where life is going to continue to take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment