Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Washington D.C.

So I ended up going to Washington D.C. yesterday. I went to go meet a lady who had a bunch of horse tack she was giving away, and on the way home I managed to get thoroughly lost, so Dustin directed me (on the phone, as he was home) through D.C. since it would take a half hour off the time to get back home, and of course I ended up getting lost in D.C. as well, even with him on the phone trying to tell me where to go. I need to get a car charger for my phone as well, as by the time I finally got out of D.C. I only had one bar of battery left on my phone. I got to go down the Washington Memorial Parkway, but didn't get to enjoy any of the history because I was so worried about getting lost again. What should have been an hour drive ended up lasting about 5 hours.
So at some point Dustin and I want to go down to D.C. to actually see the sights, and take in some of the history when I'm not stressed about trying to get home. It really is an amazing place, and I would love to see everything when I'm actually wanting and planning on being in D.C.
I did finally talk to someone who knows where the local feed store is, and its in Brunswick near the library, so tomorrow when I return a few books I'm going to stop by and see what they have, and introduce myself, and see if they know of anyone who wants help. I also want to see if they know of a local tack consignment store so I can hopefully sell some of the extra tack that I have that I don't want sitting around.
I'm happy that I'm familiarizing myself with the area, and starting to get to know where things are, and who to talk to if I need help finding something. The people here are quite nice, and have been very helpful when I've asked about the area, and where to find things, and hopefully soon I'll know the local area well enough that I don't need to ask for help anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it home safely!! Yes you have to go back it is amazing place. Probably want to look at taking the train, as once you get there you shouldn't need a car. Plus it is hard to find a place to park - so do your research and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete