Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Heat Wave

I still haven't had the time to upload all the pictures, but it is definitely on my to-do list.  It has been in the high 90 to low 100's here the last few days, and apparently the forecast says its only going to get hotter.  There are also thunderstorms in the forecast for the next couple of days, which I do like.  Its nice to be able to go out in the rain and not be cold.

On a different note, I am now looking for a new job as things did not work out with Tonia and I.  So that has been taking up most of my time.  Tomorrow is my "day off" from job searching, so I hope to get to the pictures then.  I'm definitely having to take a bit of a different approach to finding jobs here, as I still don't know where much of anything is, so I'm having to ask people, and look up individual companies online, to see where they are located, and on google maps, to see what else is around them.  I want to make the most of my driving time when I go to apply places, but things are so spread out around here, that nothing it within an easy few minutes.  The closest "shopping center" type place is about 20 minutes away in WV.  So wish me luck.

Today Dustin and I are going to go back to the library, and hopefully be able to get our library cards.  I'm excited, because that will give me something to do in the evenings to unwind, and relax.  I've also started my basil and tomato seeds, and hopefully in the next few weeks will have little sprouts.  Slowly but surely I'm building my herb and vegetable garden.  Some of it will be indoors, or on the patio because of the heat and the snow in the winter.

Keep tuned, and hopefully tomorrow I can post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment