Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Family Goodbyes

So my parents came up, and all 6 of us went out to lunch at J.J. Purdy Landers Irish Pub.  I had the shepherds pie which was quite good.  It was nice to be able to say goodbye to my parents, and I can't wait until November when they will be coming out for my birthday and Thanksgiving.  We had a little help packing a few things, and mom gave me her old computer since she just got a new one.  We took some photos of the everyone, but no couch in the driveway this time lol.

I am getting so excited about getting on the road, and will update when I can.  I may end up having to stock pile photos, and keep some notes to make sure I get down what I want to share with you all, and then make a couple posts about the trip once I get consistent internet access.  I am so excited to be able to share this adventure with you all, and show you what I get to see on my long road trip.  Hopefully I have enough to entertain me in the car since I've never been on a road trip where I am in the car for longer than 9-10 hours straight, so this will be interesting to be on the road for 4 days just to get to our destination.  We have a few last minute things to put in the car, and then we are all set to go.

I didn't get any pictures, but my godmother gave Dustin and I a care package with all sorts of goodies for the road.  Very much appreciated, and we look forward to being able to open up the snacks once we get on the road.  And we got a couple nice bags as well.  One big one for groceries, and a really nice cold bag for drinks and such that is very cute, and doesn't look at all like your typical drink bag, or lunch bag type cooler.  We also now have some easily accessible bandaids, and ibuprofen, and some handy wipes to keep clean, and some ointment for cuts and chapped hands, all of which will come in very handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment