Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cleaning The Car

So in order to figure out exactly how everything is going to fit in the car, I have spent the last hour and half cleaning it out.  Boxing up all my tack to put in the trailer, and throwing out all the junk that I have been collecting.  Surprisingly I haven't found anything that I thought I had lost.  So at some point in the next few days we are going to take the car to the car wash place and get it all cleaned up, and then start figuring out how to fit what we need, so we can know what we need to ship at a later date.

Next thing to start doing is separating out the clothes that we are going to take to wear while on the trip, and those that can be packed away, and start packing up the closet.  My final stuff will have to be put in on Saturday after we do laundry, because I do still have three more days of riding for my client, and I need my riding clothes which won't be necessary for the trip.

On the one hand it seems like we really don't have all that much to pack up and put in the car, but on the other hand, I know that there are quite a few things that we are going to have to leave behind, and probably ship at a later date.  I am not looking forward to having to decide what stays behind, because I know that I'm gonna feel like I "need" everything, all my books, scrapbooking stuff, crocheting stuff, and little knick knacks, that I know I don't actually need right off the bat.  Its just winding down to the last few days so quickly, I only have 3 more rides with my client, 6 more days to finish packing everything, and of course all the extra little family things that we want to do before leaving, so that we can have time to say goodbye to everyone.

I am going to miss everyone in California, but I can't wait for the next chapter of my life to begin in Maryland. We leave Monday the 27th, and I should be back with Tonia by the 7th of July, and then I will be leaving with Tonia again on the 17th of July, so I will have a week to kind of settle in before starting work.  The days are flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment