Trip Reminder

Don't forget to sign up today to join us in Grass Valley!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Countdown To Leaving

So, we are down to the last couple of days before moving.  The room is just about empty, and the car is starting to fill up.  It looks like we are going to be able to take more than we thought, which relieves a little bit of stress.  We are going to finish packing the car tomorrow, but unfortunately it looks like we are being delayed a day because Tonia wasn't able to get the hitch put into the truck like she thought.  We would like to be completely done tomorrow though so that we don't have to race around trying to finish everything on Monday.  I just can't believe that the day is here already.  A week from today we will be in Maryland meeting with the boarders, and touring the ranch.

We walked down Oceanside Pier today with Dustin's parents, and watched the waves breaking while looking over the pier edge.  We also got to see what I believe was an osprey, beautiful bird, up close and personal.  It was a neat experience.   We also went to Wal Mart and got our snacks/meals for the road.  We want to try and eat fast food as little as possible while on the road, so we don't go broke feeding ourselves.  Dustin's all set to go, as he loves peanut butter, so will be filling up on peanut butter sandwiches.  I on the other hand don't like peanut butter at all, so I'm going to have some onion bagels plain for breakfast type food, and figure out how else to fill myself up for lunch, but will probably buy dinner so that I have a little more something filling.

Tomorrow my parents are going to come up to Fallbrook, and both families are going to get together, and help us finish packing, and hopefully meet Tonia before we move.  Its just starting to hit me that tomorrow is the last time I'm going to see my parents until November when they come out for Thanksgiving and my birthday.  I have always been close enough to my parents that I can see them pretty much whenever I want, but now I'm going to be living on the other side of the country, and seeing them isn't going to be as easy anymore.  I'm excited for this new chapter, but I'm going to miss both families a lot as I adjust to living on the east coast.  Thankfully I have Dustin to move with me, and give me a familiar face to see every day, and to do things with so that I don't become a hermit because I don't know anyone and don't want to go out by myself.  He is such a great guy to be willing to move across the country with me because I found a job I love.  I probably won't be writing much the next few days, because I'm going to be busy and then on the road, but I will take lots of pictures, and update the blog as soon as I can take a few minutes with internet to do a quick update.

No comments:

Post a Comment